Friday, November 21, 2008

Week 14!

The Baby:

Our baby weighs about 1.5 ounces and is 3 to 4 inches in length. His or her bladder is beginning to function and, believe it or not, our baby actually begins urinating. In fact, although doctors are not really sure how or where your baby's urine is produced, they do know it is one component of the amniotic fluid, which regenerates itself every 3 to 4 hours. Our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. He can grasp, too, and if I am having an ultrasound, I may even catch him sucking his thumb.He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body.

The Mommy & Daddy:

We got the results back from the doctor saying that the tests came back normal for any possible problems such as down syndrome. We are excited about that, although we would love the baby regardless. We are looking forward to getting the room painted next week and spending time with the family. I am not showing just yet but my cloths do feel snug and if I press on my lower stomach it feels pretty hard. I am sure the baby is moving but I don't feel anything yet.

No comments: