I have come to realize that one of the hardest parts of being a parent is setting schedules and following them, routines and doing them, and sometimes having to hear your little ones cry, all while trying to do your best as a parent.
As we all know we are going to make mistakes with the first child that we swear we are not going to make with the second. Our mistake was to allow our little Olivia to snuggle up in bed with us during the nights she just could not sleep alone, or lets face it we just wanted to cuddle. Now i am stuck with a new born that wakes up all hours of the night and a two year old that wants you to 'sit right next to me'.
Thanks to Nana Olivia has found out that the room in the house that is decorated so cute with the animals and alphabet is actually hers and guess what? It has a bed in it. I say this because I am writing this post and it is 5:07 am. No i did not decide to wake up early and blog, but because I have not gone to bed yet.
So, what i have learned is that it is much harder to teach a two year old to sleep in her own bed then to listen to her cry and wipe a few tears. Therefore, I PROMISE I will not be making this same mistake with Tessa.
Good night or shall i say good morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment