Saturday, November 8, 2008

3 Months


The Baby:
Our baby’s brain starts making hormones and the nerve cells of the baby also multiply extremely fast now. Our baby will be sucking and swallowing food and the kidneys will be producing urine as well. Our baby continues growing in length and size now. Muscles start responding to the brain which is not as mature yet to control things totally. The simultaneous development of the muscles and the brain bring about natural movements in the baby’s body such as bending arms, twisting wrists and elbows and clenching and opening fists. The features of the face can be traced with the pinching of the eyebrows or pursing of the lips. The placenta functions effectively and the umbilical cord begins to help in circulation of blood. Technically speaking the baby keeps developing more than the previous week inch by inch and the eyes and ears move closer towards their rightful positions on the face. The reflex movements of the baby also keep increasing at each stage. From crown to rump, our baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
The Mommy:
My uterus has grown to the point where my doctor can now feel the top of it low in my abdomen, just above my pubic bone. I am starting to get more thick around the waist and am starting to grow out of my regular size pants. I still do not have my hunger back. I look at food and just do not feel hungry. We all go for our doctor visit Wednesday, November 12th. I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes!
The Daddy:
Being very supportive again...One night this week when I got home and greeted Rudy he saw that my pants were no longer able to button. He came to me 10 minutes later and told me that he wanted to take me out shopping for some clothes and then to dinner. He bought me 4 pair of pants and 5 new tops. He also bought me a new pair of shoes! I am very thankful to have such a wonderful husband.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow wow Wow I love it and can't wait to see what you write next. Rudy what a wonderful man you are for being so supportive to Ashley and the the little on the way. I can't wait to see what you look like. You have to be glowing! Dad and I are so excited and so everyone else. Good going to both of you or I should say the 3 of you. Love you all and will talk later. Love Mom and Dad

Kim Potts said...

Wow, I cannot believe Lil Torres is already 3 months!!! But he/she is already very photogenic! Joseph and I are soooooo excited and we can't wait to meet the little bundle of joy! We love you guys!