Tuesday, January 6, 2009

5 Months!!



Olivia:


Olivia is now about 6.5 inches crown to rump (about 10 inches head to heel) and weighs approximately 10 ounces. She is now big enough that I am able to tell when she is awake or asleep based on the level of activity, and man she is active. At our last ultrasound we were able to see just how active she is. Either is training for the olimpics someday or she is going to be a boxer. Right around now, nature gives her a spa treatment-(I wish)-a white, cream-cheesy moisturizer called vernix coats every inch of her skin, keeping it smooth and wrinkle-free for the next 20 weeks as she floats in a warm bath of amniotic fluid. She'll still be covered in vernix when she's born; your doctor or midwife will wipe it off a few moments after birth, revealing skin that's (you guessed it) baby soft. Her eyelids are still closed and her fingernails are growing. It is said that our little girl is now the size of a coconut. I can't believe how fast she is growing!!!


Mommy and Daddy:
As I have slowly reached the half way point I have found it a little harder to breath at times. This is because Olivia is pushing my internal organs against your lungs, limiting their capacity. As I have been working around the house Olivia reminds me to take it easy by giving me a sharp pain in my back or cramps in my stomach. I listen to her and always take a rest which I am sure she enjoys because that seems to be when she is the most active.


I am beginning to show which is such an amazing thing to watch. Rudy has been so good to me rubbing my feet, making sure I am relaxing, and always touching my stomach. I think he is kinda jealous that she can sleep whenever she wants and he is just trying to keep her up. I can't wait to see how that will change once she is born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!!!!