
Olivia:
Air sacks are developing in Olivia's lungs, which means it just might be possible for her to take a breath at the end of this week. The air sacks (technically called alveoli) will continue to grow for the next nine years. The membrane that keeps the alveoli separate from the blood vessels is now thin enough to allow for that oxygen–carbon dioxide exchange we call breathing. Other highlights this week:The retina completes the development of its normal layers this week—all the better to see you with. So this means that her eyes are now fully developed. Brainwaves for the auditory and visual systems are detectable in Olivia's noggin this week. That means her brain is registering things like sound and light. She can't understand what any of it means yet, but she's on track to comprehend an entire episode of Blue's Clues in no time!As hearing continues to develop, your Olivia will start to recognize my voice. She will also start to recognize your Rudy's voice. Olivia has now completed two-thirds of her stay in Hotel Womb. She is about 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long head-to-heel, or about the length of a burp cloth (otherwise known as your primary wardrobe accessory for the next several months).
Mommy and Daddy:
We went to the doctors this week and were told we were right on track with the babies growth and my weight gain. I am happy to report that I have only gained 2 lbs in the last 4 weeks. Haha I am sure I will not be sharing that information for much longer. We will have another doctors appointment on Feb. 25th to check out Olivia's heart closely. I know she will be just fine but doesn't hurt to check it out. Rudy continues to familiarize Olivia with the spanish language and music. We have also picked a spanish speaking pediatrician that will also speak spanish to her during her youth. We are very happy that all things seem to be falling in place. I am able to feel sharp kicks in reaction to me eating, bright light, and loud noises.
The cutiest thing to watch has been the interaction between daddy and Olivia. I am not allowed to leave the house in the morning without a belly rub and she is the first greated when we get home. I am enjoying teaching her how to react to the world as a woman. I am constantly talking to her about crazy drivers on the road, when to get scared, and when daddy should wash the dishes. HAHAHA!
2 comments:
fg
Hello Rudy and Ashley, I am so glad this little girl is keeping you up at night, you know that is her job to get you ready for what is to come when she gets here. We can't wait to see what she is going to look like in all those pink ruffles!!!They have to be on the socks and the butt well everywhere as far as I think!!! Love you all Love Mom and Dad
Post a Comment