
It seems like just yesterday I was walking into the hospital. On that day I walked into the hospital one person (wife, friend, co-worker) and came out another, a MOTHER. I have truly fallen in love with a creature that weighs no more than my purse and has ears and a nose like her daddy. I feel like I have been let in on one of the best kept secrets of the universe: Baby. My Baby!
I now know that I would be able to summon the strength to lift a mac truck off of my daughter if needed, wipe a tear when sad, and even change a million dirty diapers a day if needed. Oddly enough I even think I understand my mother. Well, okay not everything, but I do finally understand the breadth and depth of her love for me.
What is really important suddenly becomes clear. If my priorities are in a pyramid, my baby and husband are at the pinnacle, with everything else falling into place beneath her: job, clean house, home cooked meal at the bottom; personal hygiene and movies are in the middle; hanging out with people I don't really care about, gone entirely. And the ability to say no to things I don't really want to do, easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment