Sunday, October 5, 2008

7th Week:


The Babay:
I am growing FAST!
The head, heart, spinal cord, and some of the larger blood vessels begin to form. As these blood vessels form, the heart begins to pump fluid through them, and our baby's first red blood cells are created. Our baby is about 7 - 9 mm or 0.27 - 0.35 inches in length, (approximately the size of a grain of rice), and weighs about 1/30 of an ounce - less than a breath mint

Our baby's brain, bladder, tongue and esophagus are all developing and transforming, while the eyes are moving to the front of the face and his tiny eyelids are forming. The bones of his tiny limbs have started to form and all of your baby's major organs - heart, intestines, kidneys, liver, lungs and pancreas -- are forming and growing. In fact, our baby actually goes through 3 sets of kidneys during development with this week's development, being the second set.

Both the hand plates and the genital tubercle are present this week, but you can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl by sight at this point. Nasal pits are also forming. In my womb, our baby has already become active swimming around inside the amniotic sac and kicking.

The Mommy:

I can't believe I am actually up long enough to post this blog. I have been sleeping a lot. Example, I slept all night and then needed a 4 hour nap. I will be back in bed again this evening. Because of all the new hormones in my body I can't seem to stop breaking out. I feel like I am in middle school again trying to find clothes to cover them up. Can you say annoying? Cravings: I have been craving anything dessert. The other day Rudy found an empty carton of ice cream in the trash that I was trying to throw out. That was funny.

The Daddy:

Rudy has been talking about names, who is going to take care of what (changing diapers), decorating the room, and all the things we are going to need to buy. He is getting excited. He also has been taking good care of me to. He is careful not to let me carry heavy things and is always making sure that I am eating right.

No comments: