Monday, October 27, 2008

Week 10


The Baby:
Our baby reaches a developmental milestone at the end of this week--it has achieved its basic structural form. Because the baby is still curled up in a snug position in the uterus, it's hard to measure an exact length including the legs. Our baby's crown-to-rump length is now about 1 1/4 inches, and she weighs less than half an ounce. Tiny toes have formed. The eyes are largely open, but the eyelids are beginning to fuse, and will stay that way until 25-27 weeks. External genitalia is beginning to differentiate. External ears are completely formed, as well as the upper lip. The biggest accomplishment this week is the disappearance of the tail!
Mommy:
I am either laughing, crying, or going after someone with a frying pan, but what can I say, "It's hormones." Rudy suprised me with a baby decorating book last week so I have been looking through there getting great ideas for the new room. I am feeling good this week with no morning sickness. The only difference I have noticed is that I don't have much of an appetite.
Daddy:
Getting more excited each day. Rudy has also been looking at the new baby book. We looked around this weekend while we were out shopping and found a really cool bedroom print that we think we are going to use. Rudy would like me to start a food journal of everything that I eat during the day so that he can review it at night. Ever since he found a P'zone box in the trash he wants to make sure I am feeding the baby right. ha ha ha.

No comments: